Ten Ways to Help Save the Ocean
Long Beach's Aquarium of the Pacific suggests following these 10 guidelines to help protect our oceans and conserve resources:
1. Eat sustainable seafood. Learn about the status of current species on NOAA's Fishwatch site.
2. Bring your own coffee mug or water bottle. Use fewer disposable items.
3. Carpool or use public transportation.
4. Bring your own bag. Carry reusable cloth bags when you go shopping. Plastic bags often end up in the ocean and post a risk to marine life.
5. Recycle as much as possible.
6. Say no to junk mail. Opt out of junk mail by visiting the Direct Marketing Association's web site.
7. Sign up to pay bills online to help eliminate paper waste and save money on stamps.
8. Protect our waterways. Watch what you wash into storm drains and do not overfertilize your lawn.
9. Choose native plants.
10. Explore the natural world! Help educate children, friends, and family members about the environment and conservation.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Posted by OceanSpot at 3/22/2008 10:18:00 PM
Labels: aquarium of the pacific, conservation, environment, junk mail, native plants, NOAA, ocean conservation, plastic bags, sustainable seafood